Sunday, January 29, 2006

Coldplay

I haven't been to a concert in ages. The last 'official' concert I went to was Janet Jackson and it was NOT her last tour. It was the one after Rhythm Nation which was in 1990 so you do the math...So as my friend put it..I was almost like a concert 'newbie'. When tickets went on sale for the first and, at the time, only show, tickets sold in in 10 minutes. But a second show was added an whoopeee, I got Row 19 Floor seats!

Finally, the day of the show came and holy crap..can you say rows and rows of Amazon-like people in front of us. Thank God I wore my heels...(though I wouldn't be saying that aftr 90 minutes of standing and dancing on my feet) . Ok and get this..mini-strip show happening about 4 rows in front of us. This nasty looking Pamela Anderson wannabe (but so much uglier) would stand on her chair, pull up her shirt and pull down her bra to reveal her ample chest. Meanwhile her girlfriend was in a constant lip-lock with this guy for 90% of the show. The people behind them were so pissed. After I saw what was going on I thought to myself, "I'd take Amazons any day!"

The concert itself rocked! Coldplay sounds awesome live and Chris Martin was a lot more energetic than I thought he would be as he pranced around the stage. During the song Yellow, they let out large ballons filled with gold graffiti that would pop and shower us with glitter. I would definitely go watch them again and I'm so glad I broke my concert drought with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home