Monday, October 17, 2005

Related

Calling All Chicks...
Currently I'm trying out a new show called Related. It's about 4 girls who are siblings who are, of course, gorgeous, have killer wardrobes, know cute boys and, unfortunately, are also a little bit spazzy. I think it's supposed to make them funny, but they just end up being annoying. This show is on the verge of being cancelled, but I feel that it has potential.

There is this one storyline that is somehow affecting me. It involves the breakup of one of the sisters and her boyfriend after six years of being together. The reason? It just seems that the guy has 'fallen out of love" with her. What can she do in that situation? How hard is it to see the person you love tell you that he wants to break up with you but that he'll always love you? What goes wrong? or is it just something that just happens? To me, it's just so heartbreaking.
I've always thought it was weird that it only takes a few days for a couple who at one time almost spent every day with each other, to just disappear from each other's lives. But then again, maybe it's because it's just too hard to keep seeing one another. Ok, enough of my fairy-tale-believing-induced blurb...

Anyway, we are seriously lacking some good chick TV since the end of Sex and the City. This show has been reviewed (negatively) as a mish-mash of SATC, Friends, Felicity and Gilmore Girls. I don't know about you, but I loved all those shows...I think it's main slot is on Wednesdays against Lost (talk about suicide), but somehow I catch it on Mondays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home